[freehaven-dev] casc-rep financial crypto submission done

I'm very happy with it. If you're at the O'Reilly P2P conference this
coming week in DC, I'm going to present a summary of it there.

http://freehaven.net/doc/casc-rep/casc-rep.ps (or pdf)

\title{Reliable MIX Cascade Networks through Reputation}

\begin{abstract}

We describe a MIX cascade protocol and a reputation system that together
increase the reliability of a network of MIX cascades. In our protocol,
MIX nodes periodically generate a communally random seed, which along
with their reputations determines cascade configuration. Nodes send
test messages to monitor their cascades. Senders can also demonstrate
message decryptions to convince honest cascade members that a cascade
is misbehaving. By allowing any node to declare the failure of its own
cascade, we eliminate the need for global trusted witnesses.

\end{abstract}