Re: [bos-dev] Patch sets & stuff

Bos version 2.6 maps will be completely based on patches so the format is going to change somewhat.  The current plan is to have only one patch per image so if you have 20 patches there should be 20 different files.  The patch editor should make it much easier to add these images to Bos so you don't have to edit any scripts manually.

Great job with the images so far.

----- Original Message ----
From: Ron Gow <rgow@xxxxxxxx>
To: bos-dev <bos-dev@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 6:22:55 PM
Subject: [bos-dev] Patch sets & stuff

Hey all, finally getting a patchset that looks usable for a wide variety
of maps.  Trying to decide where to finalize it.  Right now there are 20
patches to the set, but to do what I think would be optimal could take 30+

No single map I've experimented with yet has used more than 14, so what
do you think is better... keep it small, or go for the flexibility?  The
.png file is currently at 3.6m with 20.  Is anyone likely to use optimal?

(And sorry Feb, coastline is harder... :-/  To look good, water needs
its reflections and depth changes, but those don't tile well... I need
to create a new water texture before I try a water set.  The one in
plains has too many gradients.)

I also discovered (yes, I'm slow :)), the IRC logs, and see there's a
patch editor in the works.  Will that change anything in how they get
put together?

(And see there I used the wrong format for plant units?  What should I
be using? Is there a template somewhere?)

Thnx, RG