[bos-dev] [patch #7886] Sounds contribution for Aircraftfactory, Artil, Destroyer and Shipyard

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello,

I created some sounds using my own voice and public domain (cc0) sounds from
freesound.org.

I made sounds for Aircraft factory, Artil, Destroyer and Shipyard.

I'm attaching qubodup-bosfx-20121116.zip .

I license the included .wav files under GPLv2 or later but they are also
available under CC-BY-SA v3 or later (dual licensing).

The changes to the .lua files are too minor to be protect-able by copyright.
If you disagree, then I release them to cc0/public domain them or if you don't
want to accept that then you can use them under GPL v2 or later.

Iwan 'qubodup' Gabovitch <qubodup@xxxxxxxxx> <qubodup.net>

Feel free to remove anything between <> or '' if you want to keep your
attribution lines short.

As for the sources:

aircraftfactory.select.wav is a mix of
http://freesound.org/people/Ferdinger/sounds/146256/ and
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/162446/
hydraulic sounds are the best!

artil.*.wav are mixes of
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/169742/ and
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/169743/
I imagined a sociopath driver/gunman, who is grumpy, because he has to sit in
this very isolated, plated vehicle all day, which is why he prefers not to
talk.

artil.die.wav is a mix of
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/67617/ and
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/169743/

destroyer.*.wav are mixes of
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/169741/ and
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/162365/
I was thinking about the voice of StarCraft's Battle Cruiser captains but mine
turned out very different. :)

destroyer.die.wav is a mix of
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/162440/ and
http://freesound.org/people/qubodup/sounds/162365/

shipyardselect is an edit of
http://freesound.org/people/klankbeeld/sounds/169015/

Destroyer and Heli "background sfx templates" for the voice lines are included
in http://opengameart.org/content/sci-fi-rts-war-unit-sounds

I used Audacity.

To make my voices sound spoken-through-a-radio-like I followed the
instructions seen in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86P3whnojag (video and
text in description)

I called for women to voice act for Bos Wars on two forums:
http://freesound.org/forum/sample-requests/33115/
https://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42984

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7886>

  Message sent via/by Savannah