Re: Fwd: Re: Computerbank VIC Procedures & Policies

One way that Computerbank Vic may like to operate is through
the Skills.net program - I think there is a similar
intiative in WA - but not in NSW (?). As the skills net
program is designed to promote internet access / training to
the disadvantaged - this is where we may find interested
people and these places could act as computerbank training
centres. (these skills net centres have shown great interest
in working with us - eg: VMORE, CIV and most recently
NEWLANDS)

It was suggested to me that we could setup small
computerbank networks at skills net centres (based on
regional locality), people can then use them and work out
whether GNU/limux has a place in their home. Likewise
interested community groups could come in to the skills net
centres to see if a network similar to the one on
demonstration would be suitable for their needs.

The problem of user disappointment would be overcome - as
people would be first required to go and see if they would
like to use the system that we can provide.

Any thoughts?

Kylie