Re: [Computerbank] Software Issues was TCN

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Stone wrote:

OOo took 15min to load its base word processor on my P233MMX laptop, and
was extremely sluggish when it finally loaded (it was lagging a full
paragraph behind at some stage), and this was with nothing else but twm
loaded.
I'd like to know how much RAM is in your box -because this certainly sounds wrong....indeed I have two people (Con and Tony) who can verify that OpenOffice loaded up within 2 minutes on a p166 (compaq) with 64RAM. We were quite impressed with the speed improvement - under 32RAM it took around 5-6 minutes... so maybe you might like to clarify your laptop spec. ??? Incidentally on this box, OO was very nice to use. :))

Cheers,

Kylie

--
Kylie Davies
Victorian Branch Co-ordinator

This email and any attachments may be confidential and the subject of legal professional privilege. Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended Recipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium. ******************************************************************