[Computerbank] recent emails

ifuckpigs wrote:

<quite a bit i snipped for brevity:)>
I live with grant, and, romana doesn't really like you, whereas she likes people who are close to me.
umm, lets not make this personal, ok? (ie lets not speak for me - surely NOONE thinks i cant speak for myself now?;))))) )

its not about who i like or dont like, thats irrelevant and not altogether accurate. what i DONT like is the politics of victoria, and the way it comes back to other states time and time again by word of mouth - its scary the reputation you guys have.

nor do i like the unhappiness of far too many people there that comes out all the time - perhaps you guys need to address the current management style, as that seems to be a good place to start. not saying any one person, simply saying top down assessment is being cried out for. massive consultation of volunteers may help - seems like so many disaffected people.

it doesnt matter if any of these disaffected people are in which camp - the kylie/admin or the grant/geeky camp.or any others i dont know about:) what matters is enough people are miserable, and its showing in so many ways. its massive alarm bells time.

that means its time for management, ALL management, EVERYONE in fact, to pull together. find the problems, then find solutions. stop all this judging and side taking and be constructive - i think everyone is being clear about one thing - EVERYONE'S MISERABLE:(

jaymz's email, while not only showing a creative use of invective i admire greatly;) (i actually thought it was spam slipping through at first lol), also shows the deep level of dissatisfaction and misery felt by so many at victoria.

all the recent debates have peeled away the very thin layers to show the unhappiness and disaffectedness that has been lurking underneath for ALL.

im not taking sides. im asking, hoping, all can pull together for the gerater good of caivic.and ultimately, for all who need computerbank to be functioning.

being part of this shouldnt be such a difficult to traumatic thing - it should be an infinitely rewarding way to help people:)

after all, vintage hardware has its OWN frustrations:)

oh, all grumbles please send elsewhere, ive said my bit, going back to lying down and growing this baby:)

ttfn, r:)
Romana Challans
GPG Key fingerprint =
F09E F80E 5DCA 9476 7753 9423 2CC7 81E8 4F07 1AD2

State Coordinator
Computerbank Australia Incorporated - Sa Branch
http://sa.computerbank.org.au/