Media plan for first QCB meeting

This email is to kick off the discussion on how the
people in Brisbane are going to promote the first
public meeting of CB up there.

Hi All,

Kerry, Can you give us a run down on the
people/organisations you have contacts with who we can
send press releases to or might otherwise be
interested in doing a story on us.

Here is a list of places I can think of now off the
top of my head.

Print:
Quest community news papers
Courier mail
Brisbane News(?)

Radio:
JJJ?
I know that some stations have a community switch
board type thing that do community annoucements from
time to time.

What stations do other people listen to?
Do they do community announcement stuff?

Online/Other:
Slashdot
Humbug (home unix machine brisbane user group)
Can people send in urls etc to places they thing CB
type people might be lurking.

ABC, either TV or radio which would give us a broad
reach into all of QLD.

One thing to consider is how wide a net we want to
cast with promoting the group.

Do we want to be a Queensland CB or a Brisbane CB?

Do we want to just concentrate first on:
   Brisbane ?
   Major population centres ?
   SE QLD ?
   Go to whole QLD?

At the moment I am leaning to promoting the group
across the whole of QLD to the maximum extent
feasible. If nothing else this would build up a good
network of people - even if it all may be a little
disjointed to begin with. As some of the discussion
touched on last week, a lot of our activities could
potentially be rural focused anyway - so it would be
good to get people outside Brisbane involved as early
on as possible.

The above is all just random brain dump to encourage
discussion.

Tony.

=====
Tony Joblin
Email: tonyjoblin@yahoo.com.au, Tel: 07 3378 7755
6/19 Merlin Terrace, Kenmore 4069, Australia.

http://geocities.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Australia & NZ GeoCities
- Build your own Web Site - for free!
-
ComputerBank Australia -- http://www.computerbank.org.au/