Re: [Free ISP research]

On Sun, 05 Oct 2036, Paul Pluckhahn wrote:

>Hi Trish,
>Freeonline works well with Linux, and they are continually modifiying their
>service. These modifications generally seem to be increased time allowed and
>increased access to various sites. I haven't used it for a while but I was
>using it occasionally just to keep an eye on it. I have set it up for a few
>people who are casual users, and they seem to have no problem using it with
>Linux or windows. New accounts can be opened on their website, using a
>browser.  (I think I'll have another look soon just to see how it's
>progressing!)
>I actually applied for Go-Connect, but have recieved nothing back from them
>since they contacted me to say that their service was still several months
>away - several months ago - Needless to say they haven't made it on to my
>reliability / service list!
>If I can be of any assistance feel free to give me a hoy!
>Regards,
>Paul P.

Paul, thanks for this - it seems like the only real option at the
moment. Things like Hop-on (not yet working) might be all right - but
the ad-based services all seem to require Windoze to install their
ad-grabber software.

When I get to setup, if I have problems, hoy I will!

8-)

Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia
trish@thefrasers.org
www.computerbank.org.au