Re: Distribution to use

Steven P Blunt wrote:
> I've never actually used Debian, but I was thinking Slackware would make a
> good distro because:
> 1) None of the configuration utils require X.
> 2) The base system can be installed from floppys (older Slackwares could
> install the whole thing from floppys.

Both of these are true of all distributions I know of, they're
certainly true of Debian.

> Slackware also tends to be a smaller distro than the others.

Don't know about this, but since I was thinking of home-brewing a
subset of Debian it's probably not highly relavent.

YMMV,
bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/