Re: [Computerbank] Re: [cai-vic] What happened at the AGM?

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:31 pm, simeon scott shared:

> If I was a paid up member I would certainly be complaining, because all I
> have heard is that during an online AGM half the meeting was conducted 'out
> of camera' in a forum named #meta-backstabbers.

*sigh* this one has been raised frequently...
no, there was NO meeting conducted in this channel - which i agree was
unfortunately named.
topics discussed:
boredom
visit to a goth club the night before by visitors to melb (and a series of off
colour remarks on alcohol and pvc i wont botehr boring anywone else with)
my morning sickness
the delays in the meeting
more boredom
disbelief at the meeting dragging on
the insertion of pencils into nostrils as a method of suicide because of
meeting dragging on and the vote taking the ridiculous time it did
perhaps a fight to the death between presidential candidates would have been
less tedious

now, these are all very silly topics indeed - we were all tired and worn out
and venting steam from the dreadful process that was the meeting. while
irreverent and inappropriate to manys way of thinking, i totally and utterly
fail to see how this was in camera conducting of the meeting..nor does it
negate the votes taken by ALL present at the meeting, and the decisions made.

r.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Romana Challans
GPG Key fingerprint =
F09E F80E 5DCA 9476 7753  9423 2CC7 81E8 4F07 1AD2

State Coordinator
Computerbank Australia Incorporated, SA Branch
http://sa.computerbank.org.au/

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the
continent, a part of the main."
(Meditation 17, John Donne)