Server requirements

Thanks to all for the input.

I'd be pleased if a 486 handled the minimum server requirements for the small networks we intend to give away.

Dot Matrix printers are also satisfactory for output from the systems which output I imagine will be letters to friends and email printed for persons not present or even for those without basic ability to print from the system - and ribbons are less costly than ink and powder. Time should not be of the essence.

Can our tech team consider the basic software or software library access to load such a system and I'll set out to gather the 5 machines - can you tell me the minimum hard drive size for such a server ? - the oldies seem to have less than 1Gig

regards Bill McPherson