Re: I don't know if this is an old question - is there a FAQ for this project?

Ken Yap wrote:

> A Mail Transfer Agent like sendmail or qmail is a must. It doesn't have
> to be on the user's machine, it could be the ISP's. When the user dials
> in she will be assigned an IP number from the ISP's range and thus will
> be a valid host on the ISP's network. So no working around anti-spam
> measures is necessary.

Never thought of it that way, thanks.  Could someone provide some
pointers or something regarding how to configure a client to use the
ISP's 'facilities'.  I use Mutt and it only seems to have config for a
local MTA, how is such a trick done in Pine?

Darrin
--

Unix is user-friendly, its just more picky about who its friends are.

staeci@geocities.com

http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/orchard/8781/