[Computerbank] Network knotting out day - late notice - in Victoria

Hi there,

Computerbank Victoria will be open this Saturday - and all other Saturdays in February - from midday til 5pm. Thats the 8th, 15th and 22nd. (We will advise of the situation in March soon enough)

This week, Saturday 8th , we are planning to have a network knotting out day. :)

With this in mind - we are calling all network gurus - people who have experience with any of the following - LDAP, DHCPd, BIND, X11 Config, auto FS, CODA, Samba, Webmin and Squid.

We need to knot out a network solution that is scalable and one that can be duplicated everytime....with our very special *low end* hardware. :)

Grant Diffey is coordinating this effort - so either come down on Saturday (and again on the 22nd) and chat with Grant. Alternatively you can email him on nevyn@artificial-stupidity.net with offers to help at other times (if Saturday is not convenient).

Basically - this network thing - is a big thorn in our side and it is imperative that it gets worked out so that community groups can receive networks. At the moment we have 2 outstanding requests (outstanding for over 6 months) and the clients are wondering what is happening...

Please oh please - may there be network gurus in the woodworks - just waiting for this email. :))

Cheers,

Kylie

--
Kylie Davies
Victorian Branch Co-ordinator

This email and any attachments may be confidential and the subject of legal professional privilege. Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended Recipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium. ******************************************************************