Re: [Computerbank] PPP and the CAISA Install

Hi David,

In Vic ...we use pppconfig (we used to have kppp - but it is proving a little buggy at the moment). With this said - we have group perms set up so that we have a dialout and dip group. All users go into the dialout/dip groups and can execute pon or poff as they like.

We have also created some dandy little icons for the desktop - these when clicked on activate pon or poff - depending on which icon you hit. It is quite sinple and easy to manage for new users.

Failing our icons not working - pon / poff in a terminal work fine.

Note: In pppconfig we just use the default provider - we dont change it, if changed you need to type pon nameofprovideryouentered.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Cheers,

Kylie

David Lloyd wrote:

Hi There,

I have setup someone's PPP using pppconfig. I've current got:

sudo pppd /dev/ttySHCF0 file /etc/peers/picknowl

...working (having setup sudo by reading the deliberately confusing sudo
man page). I've wrapped this and a killall -9 pppd in:

pppon
pppoff

Person wants multiple people to be able to log on. People in a
particular group, eg "pppusers".

Is there any better way to set this up? I'm sure there is but I can't
quite work it out.

DSL

--
Kylie Davies
Victorian Branch Co-ordinator

This email and any attachments may be confidential and the subject of legal professional privilege. Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended Recipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium. ******************************************************************