Re: [Computerbank] Re: [cai-sa] CNN.com - Low-income housing goeswireless - Feb. 24, 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Daniel Stone wrote:

> Folks, this sort of political ranting is OFF-TOPIC TO THE COMPUTERBANK
> LIST. My views on this are another matter altogether (I don't
> necessarily disagree with you), but keep it off the list.

I think that discussing the political dimensions of issues that are raised
on this list is valid. Computerbank is an organisation which deals in areas
that are inherently political in an Australian context, such as
disadvantage, access and equity. These are political constructs and need
to be treated as such. There do not appear to be any other lists that are
part of the computerbank movement that have that specific purpose, why not
this one?

James

jhamilton@alpha.net.au