Re: Random thoughts

>Umm, 'scuse my ignorance, but why would anyone need to set up anything
>especially for pine to work with a dial-up connection?? You set up ppp,
>you use whatever mail program you want...!? In fact, how the hell does
>one set up a dial-up mail system _without_ fetchmail??

I figured fetchmail would feature somewhere.  It's mainly sending that has
me stumped.  All the HOWTOs etc. for sendmail and friends seem to assume
you are connected to the net 24/7, and you have your own domain name.  It's
certainly not as easy as setting up ppp and running pine.

Perhaps I'm missing something really obvious.

cya