Re: [plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.

>I would caution you all against trying to provide computer training.
>You will find that people simply devour your time without learning a
>damn thing.

I think you missed the earlier discussion on the computerbank list. There
was no suggestion that computerbank provide training, I simply said
that training had to be provided. In fact in earlier mail on the
computerbank list I said that we needed to work with people willing to
do the handholding work.

The other thing to realise is that Interneting is a valid goal but not
the only thing. Again, we as techies think that people want to get on the
Internet, surf, use IRC, etc. Yes, some people do, but there are lots
of things that can be done with an unconnected computer. A friend of
mine uses a word processor to get his student to practice written English.