Re: [plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.

Buddrige, David (david.buddrige@mitswa.com.au) wrote...

The HTML is inappropriate and sucks bandwidth, post in text!

> I am thinking a good strategy (as I mentioned briefly before) is to
> offer training in the first place, followed by (if necessary) a
> computer to take home.  This seems to me to be the most effective

It takes waaaaaaaaaaay more time and energy to offer this sort of
training though, and I don't think we can manage it.  Also things
like halls full of computers as places to do training -from-.

> way to solve the problems you have mentioned.  I also think that the
> strategy depends on the client.

Agreed.

But the idea of setting up a menu system and foolproof documentation,
together with a 'buddy' people can call if they get in trouble, sounds
good to me.  Giving people tools to teach -themselves-.

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/