Things To Do

On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 21:49:51 +0800, David Buddrige
<dbuddrige@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Nathan Dietsch wrote:
>
>> Dave,
>>
>> Excellent idea - maybe a postgresql database or somesuch with a cgi web
>> front-end?  Maybe if a few developers could get together and put together an
>> app (preferably gpl'ed) to run under postgresql or msql?
>
>Check out http://www.ozemail.com.au/~dbuddrige/computerbank/gnuinventory.html... r
>u interested in volenteering?  8-)

I would suggest postgressql as the database, as it is more free than the
others (and it's installed by default on Debian).  I have a doc somewhere
on getting postgressql, apache and PHP working together, I'll see if I can
dig it out.

Would it be secure enough to just put it behind an apache password
protected area?  We shouldn't need the database itself exposed to the rest
of the world, just the interface.

cya

--
Steven Blunt