Re: [plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.

This is an excellent idea... I am thinking in terms of a computer-club
(open to all - not just CB clients) whereby newbies could help each
other out as they learn Linux would be brilliant - probably meeting on a
Saturday Morning or some-such since not everyone is going to be able  to
get net access (I am thinking this is going to be hard - although we may
yet be able to organise)

Great way to learn computing I reckon...

Dave.

>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 07:16:10 +0800
>To: plug@linux.org.au
>From: Denis Brown <dsbrown@cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
>Subject: Re: [plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.
>
>David Buddrige wrote in part...
>>Can't see a "helpdesk" happening - it seems to me to be too hard to
>>organise... (other than feeding into existing user-groups...)
>>
>Would the idea of a "CBLUG" be of any assistance?  The likelihood is
that
>the target audience could fall into two main factions -- those who
>genuinely want to own a computer and get somewhere with it and those
who
>are less motivated -- "It's free so we'll take it but we might not use
it."
> (Sorry to sound a bit negative, just my intuition talking.)
>
>The motivated ones will want to ask "How do I join PLUG for starters?
What