Re: [plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.

On 8 Jan 1999, Tony Langdon wrote:

>  sp> I think it would be a better idea to make some sort of arrangement
>  sp> with some community group to put a computer lab together.  I think
>  sp> initially it would be better to use the computers for things like that
>  sp> rather than giving them to individuals.  That way as many people as
>  sp> possible can get use out of them.
>
> I don't see this as an either/or argument.  If we can get an
> organisation which has the space on side, great!  We could to with a
> training centre, but I personally feel the greatest worth of computers
> is where the people in need are, i.e., at home.  Again, I speak from

Well... there may be community organisations around that are eminently
suitable for this sort of thing... such as Virtual Moreland, (which is
providing this email account).  It has a lab which runs (amongst other
things) community training sessions.  If we had the teachers and the
material to provide, the space might be available.

Peter