Re: [Computerbank] solving the conundrum of the bush

Bruce, the LUV group, operate at least three lists.   LUV Beginners, LUV
talk, and just 'LUV'.
And generally speaking I would think that Computerbank clients would feel
like fish out of water on these lists, and be overawed by the skill level.
These lists they would be encouraged to join once up to speed a bit.

I think the clients would have to come to Melbourne (generally speaking),
and pick up some prepared machines, and have at least a couple of hours of
familliarization.  Then they would go home, and perhaps engage in some
initial backup from say a computerbank support list.   A possibility would
be for computerbank to contact  all of the Linux User Groups in the State,
and ask for Volunteers (tutors) to man a computerbank help list, and set up
a self perpetrating help list.  And because it was a special computerbank
help list, the clients would not feel so embarrassed or out of their depth.
And all the help talk on the list would revolve around a computerbank
approved distro.  So it would all be relevant to them.
And I reckon there's probably them at computerbank that have thought about
stuff like this  :-)

greg