[Computerbank] January report

Despite much being closed over December, a lot of us have been FLAT out this
month..so much to organise for premises and WFTD.....

Volunteers & Members:
A number of enquiries for this month - we have been informed some forms are
headed our way, so will announce in next report:)
Several new mailing list members too:)
Andrew Childs aka Dazaris has taken the leap to membership, welcome on board
dude!

Recipients & Enquiries:
Several enquiries and forms sent - nothing back yet:)
17 Recipients in total processed last year (we knew was about 20, so we were
pretty close:) )
2 scheduled for training next week, one who already has her computer.

Income & Expenditure:
We have ordered 20 monitor cables @$6.50 each.
We had a fantastic donation of 22 33.6 external modems this week, but they
need serial, power supply, and phone cables to be useable. Dylan is trying to
source free - cheap sources for those:)
Jennifairy is going to the cheap cheap school stationery sales to get supplies
for new premises - expenditure to be reported next month.

Donations:
Already, two donations of assorted bits and pieces this month - several boxes
of cards, external modems, motherboards etc to go through. Some cases, a
couple of monitors.

Premises:
The Hut Board meets 20th, we will be sending representatives. Decision to be
made then - looking very very positive:)

WFTD:
All is progressing well there - awaiting the Hut's go ahead, we then apply by
Feb 13, start mid March (The DEWA Minister has to announce before anything
happens, he does that the following month after application and approval).
The CWC we are working with is highly optimistic and extremely positive - we
are looking at 8 people for 30 weeks.

Projects:
 East Timor - (Project coordinator, Peter Gossner)
Pete is away in Qld atm, so his report is held over till next month.

Web and Graphic Stuff:
http://notsa.cbnsw.org.au/
The draft of the new SA site - feel free to sign up early, beat the rush:)
There will be members only access for documents etc.
The colours are appalling, all admit it, can we have suggestions PLEASE????
Shane Aplin, Romana Challans and Owen Baldock are cheerfully working on the
site atm...all and any wanting to join in  - PLEASE!

Owen Baldock and Jill Gossner are looking at logos - since I mentioned it on
irc. there has been real interest in looking at the current logo from Vic,
and a National level. CBNSW is interested too. Anyone wanting to participate
on the great logoing, contact Dylan Roper (dialinlater@hotmail.com) for
specs:)

As usual, the same theme to wrap up on:
Of course, we encourage EVERY volunteer/member to get involved, so if you feel
you want to participate in any of these very time consuming busy jobs,
please, join in! Contact me or any project coordinator. Start a project. Find
our what coordinator roles need filling. Suggest a coordinator role. GET
INVOLVED at a higher level than just the fun of hardware;)

r:)
Romana Challans
GPG Key fingerprint =
F09E F80E 5DCA 9476 7753  9423 2CC7 81E8 4F07 1AD2

State Coordinator
Computerbank Australia Incorporated - Sa Branch
http://sa.computerbank.org.au/