[Computerbank] Re: computerbank digest, Vol 1 #18 - 2 msgs

Hi Bruce,

The Youth Cafe' is seeking to use computers for a number of purposes.

The first (a single machine) is for the use of the Youth Worker, and would
be secured in a locked room because it's primary purpose would be to record
the details of kids in crisis. It also would hold accounting and other
confidential information.

The server is required to operate as File Server and Internet Gateway for a
local LAN (the other machines) to provide access to the Internet. Expected
(and hopeful) uses include school projects, access to youth resource sites,
training, and of course for general fun and entertainment (like most small
towns there's not a lot for the kids to do).

I'm not going to make any false promises here, the concept of the Cafe'
becoming a ComputerBank node is probably slim, and if that's a requirement
for assistance, then we probably do not qualify and will seek assistance
elsewhere. Most of the kids are dealing with a family or other crisis, and
our main priority is to offer support and guidance. It is possible that some
will take to the idea of rebuilding computers etc. however in all honesty,
this is not our immediate priority.

Rgs, Don