[Computerbank] Re: [SAGE-AU] Fwd: Re: dealings with Microsoft

An interesting compilation of various things about the recent PC's for Kids isue that aired on A Current Affair and was in The Age.

also - did people see the info about the Northern territory education system adopting linux/Samba and Sta Office (on win desktops) for  primary schools.

Craig Silva, IT Infrastructure Coordinator
Moreland City Council, 90 Bell St. Coburg.
Melbourne. Victoria. 3058. Australia.
email: csilva@moreland.vic.gov.au
http://www.moreland.vic.gov.au
Tel: +61 3 9 240 2355, fax: + 61 3 9 240 1212
For Fun: - http://www.sysadminday.com/

Step #1     http://www.deltasoft.com/opendos.htm    Free DOS
Step #2     http://www.deltasoft.com/Default.htm    Free Windows GUI
Step #3     Stop trying to beat Microsoft at the game they invented the
            rules for!
Step #4     Stop turning kids into Microsoft Windows crash test dummies,
            give them real software and let them figure it out

Note: Qnx have released a single disk internet desktop browser / email for
$free that is well worth a look..

Note: I've been rebuilding old Mac's from Clasic and above for years now and
        have found that kids running old versions of the MacOS don't care as
        long as the shareware games are not too lame, and they get all the
        wordprocessing, graphic design basics, and spreadsheet skills they
        need from free software for the Mac - and they tend to pick up lame
        software like Wintel Microsoft junk quicker as they are more used to
        using a wide range of software and a more varies scope of program
        consepts.

--dez;

> Hello Everyone -
>
> This is a copy of an exchange of email I have had with Colin Bayes (contact
> details below),
> as a result of a report that aired on A Current Affair last night.
>
> If there is anyone on this list who is able to assist, I am sure Colin
> would like to hear from you.
>
>       Colin Bayes (President / Founder) Pc's for Kids Inc.
>       colin@pcsforkids.org
>       http://www.pcsforkids.org
>
> regards
>
> Hugh

Dez Blanchfield
Principal / Chief Executive Officer
Cradle Technologies (Australia) Limited

Card      : http://www.cradletechnologies.com/cards/dez.pdf
Email     : Dez.Blanchfield@CradleTechnologies.COM
Web       : http://www.CradleTechnologies.COM

Telephone : +61 2 8437 6271
Mobile    : +61 414 464 356
Facsimile : +61 2 8437 7274

Street    :  65 Hume Street
             Crows Nest, NSW 2065
             Sydney, Australia

Postal    :  PO Box 517
             St Leonards, NSW 1590
             Sydney, Australia

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL                       CORPORATE IN CONFIDENCE

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message
in error, please notify Cradle Technologies immediately.  Any and all
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
Cradle Technologies.

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL                       CORPORATE IN CONFIDENCE

Mail Coming into Moreland from the outside will now be checked for Viruses