[Computerbank] Computerbank News

Dear Computerbank Queensland Supporter,

Firstly there will be no general purpose working bee this weekend. Stuart
and Michael are running a small project to assist a community group
(Pathways to Prevention) to setup a small office network.

We are also looking at assisting the University of Queensland Links program
install Linux on some machines they have for donation to disadvantaged
students. Depending on the how the details are worked out, we may either
schedule the next working bee there or just get a few volunteers to go over
and assist them.

We have now received the last of our donated machines from BP. At the moment
they are in storage at an old chip factory near Mount Cootha. The space we
have access to can hold approximately 500 machines. In storage there we have
approximately 75 monitors, 20 PCs, and some laptops - we have other gear
stored at Career Employment Australia. We probably have enough hardware to
last us until the end of the year, depending on how many projects we take
on. We will need to start a fairly aggressive fundraising and donations
program if we wish to continue operating beyond the end of the year. If you
would like to assist with our fundraising and donations program, please
contact Michael Sester at SesterMJ@az1.bp.com.

Michael Vickery has also volunteered to become our volunteer coordinator.
Amongst other things, Michael will be responsible for volunteer recruitment.

Tony Joblin
Convenor Computerbank Queensland
Po Box 1423, Coorparoo DC, 4151.
Email: cbq-exec@dstc.edu.au