Re: Question on the draft constitution

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:02, Tony Joblin wrote:

> I assume that a lot of the constitution is taken straight from an off
> the shelf model constitution, right ? Am I right in also assuming
> that the changes are similarly based on another appropriate model
> constitution ? Could someone please clarify what model was the basis
> for the original document, what model was the basis for the changes
> please.

Hi Tony,

the model Rules that come with the package for incorporation were used
as a starter; some of the rules we did ourselves. There's also the Act,
which has some requirements. I have a copy of the Act, if you want it!

The current draft is also being looked at by Clayton Utz, who have been
doing Pro Bono legal for us since day 1 - hopefully they will tell us
if any of the proposed changes are no good.

Re your query about the Statement of Purposes: most of the additional
explanatory is to make those clauses fit the ATO requirements for a
charity; it's not enough for them to say what we used to, they require
our purposes to be charitable! Have you seen the current SOP? The
current Constitution is up on the website, if not.

This is all good stuff!

Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia
trish@thefrasers.org
http://www.computerbank.org.au/victoria