RE: [plug] Easymail

It sounds Like Telstra are still stuck in the proprietary information
mindset... *sigh*... ok I can see at least two options with the easymail
service:

1. (easiest option).  See if we can get the program to run under wine.
2. Harder solution.  See if we can reverse engineer the thing (decompile or
whatever) in order to figure out the protocol (I expect it wouldn't be too
much different to a standard pop protocol (may have some odd tweaks
here-and-there).
3. Long-term solution... send lots of emails to anyone/everyone in Telstra
complaining loudly and insisting they release the protocol so we can write a
linux client for it.  The reasons I would provide for their doing so are:

1. A Linux client would generate revenue for them (By enabling more
customers to use the service).
2. A Linux client would cost them nothing.
3. There is no useful gain by having the protocol hidden.  (It's not like
they're selling the product).

Other suggestions:

Releasing their Client as OSS.

Benefits to them:

1. Free debugging.
2. Kudos with Large part of IT community (see Linux).
3. No loss to their business.
4. Increased use of their product which means $$ to them.

That's my $0.02 anyway... 8-)

Dave...