Re: grassroots alternative to easymail?

How about approaching some of the local ISPs. I know here in Perth there
are Email only accounts available from some and that they're pretty
community minded on the whole. It should be an easy matter to arrange a
server box at the ISPs offices and piggyback off their modem pool. Propose
it to the ISP as a small revenue stream that a/ could be upgraded to a
full account in the future b/ is _good_  publicity c/ would cost then
relatively little (this is assuming ComputerBank is doing the support )

UUCP would be my choice here. It'd allow you to offer a (small) choice of
news groups as well as Email ( assign a point score to each group based on
volume and give each user X points to play with)  and even store and
forward FTP if you wanted to go that far.

In <199903230639.OAA30213@digital.linux.org.au>, on 23/Mar/99
   at 05:39 PM,(+1100 GMT)

--
/-- Bob Ogden  bob@contact.omen.com.au --------------/