Re: [Computerbank] Our service philosophy and linux

Hi again have to comment again:

What ever service agreement you come up with just add  some thing like this:

"If a clients system has been changed from linux to a non linux system, then
any work related to fixing a non HW fault is at the users expence." (a small
fee)

Why I think this is a good Idea:

1. Might Raise a little money
2. benifit the techos by expanding their knowledge base & skills. We want to
help people get work, well as sad as it may be the fact is that MS is what
people need to know to get a job. (Wrk for the dole)
3. Introducing a fee for WIN Supp. may hlp to convince some users Not  to
change their system from linux

some bad points:

1.More users may switch to windows knowing they  have access to cheep
suport. Techos will get bogged down with WIN PCs
2.there is a grey area when you say only HW Supp. is free. WIN PCs always
need some drivers to be loaded & config manually (NON-PNP SEMI PNP devices)
The question here is how do class drivers as HW or SW? Another factor is
bugs in the OS & driver sets related to HW

when This service agreement is changed which users will it apply too??? If
CB does decide to supp WIN,incuding all users past & present that could get
yukky. But having different service agreements maybe hard to cntrl. IE when
a user rings up for help how can the voluntere determine the applicable
service agreement so as to correctly advise the user.

Katarina