[Computerbank] RE: Preinstalled Windows: AARGH! I can't get it off!

(not having a go Ant, just taking this to it's next logical step ..)

So, if it's linked to the HD, then why can I buy HDs without a windows tax?
Heck, blank tapes and CDs come with a pirating tax, why not HDs?
Why don't they stick the windows license on the HD and on the case?

I can only assume that since most PCs come with the license number on the
case that in fact it's merely sheetmetal that's licensed.

In which case watchout when you sell your filing cabinet without it's proper
licensing details ...

MMC
(Okay, so it was a really bad morning and M$ has given me somewhere to
channel my anger).

Matthew