Re: [Computerbank] may president's report

David Lloyd wrote:

Does open office save as text?
Yes, it does. Here's the content of the attachment, for those who couldn't read it.

John

----8<-----

President's Report May 2004

Hi all Computerbankers,

I have approached a couple of legal firms requesting advice on DGR status for our organisation – these being Howie Maher Barristers and Solicitors as well as Pitcher Partners; Howie Maher have offered to help – I expect to hear from them in the short term.

Geoff Tregenza (Computerbank NSW President) has arranged a deal with an insurance firm with regard to stock being distributed to state branches around Australia. The stock includes PIII computers and laser printers – branches will be able to distribute Linux machines on high-quality hardware!! Thank you to Geoff for his efforts here.

State branches are quite busy with revenue-generating activities. (Work for the Dole programs are underway in most states and are running very well.) CBNSW are on the verge of securing a long-term lease in Sydney which will accommodate their storage needs. This is positive news.

Computerbank volunteers in all states are putting in a great amount of work and state branches are moving forward as a result. SA and VIC for instance run two Work for the Dole programs – the hard work required to get to that position is due to volunteer effort. This is Computerbank's strength I believe – volunteers working together. NSW has also received exposure in the press recently - the group are making great inroads with regard to exposing Computerbank and their activities to the outside world.

Our Vice-President, Steve Paynter, has resigned due to study commitments. All the best Steve.

Hope all are well.

Con Validas
President
Computerbank Australia Inc