Re: [Computerbank] more standardised install discussion needed ASAP

Excellent points.

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 09:55, Dale Long wrote:
> Several other points to consider, which are Linux Desktop weak points are:
>
> * Printing - What sub system, how does it integrate with the applications?

Always a furry one. What solutions have other people tried? I've
personally only used LPRNG but I know CUPS is supposed to the heir
apparant and there may be other ways. Any war stories?

> * Fonts and font handling.

Two small tips I have on this:

- Make 100dpi the default font for X, not 75dpi.
- apt-get install msttcorefonts -> the web and documents from Mac/MS users
never looked so good.

--

Cheers,
      Craige.