Re: [Computerbank] Printing to an ink-jet / bubble jet from slackware 3.5

 Hi David,

I have downloaded, compiled and installed magicfilter, and am now in the process of attempting to configure it.  Attached is my printcap file as it stands.   I have put all of the filters that come with magicfilter into the directory  /var/spool/lpd/filters/.  Magicfilter is installed in /usr/local/bin/magicfilter.

I admit I'm a complete novice at this - I have only ever installed (my own) printer on my own system using Redhat Linux, and then it was something that was part of the install routine; I've no idea how Redhat configures things under the hood.    Can someone enlighten me as to how this works.  See attached copy of printcap.

thanks in advance

David.

David Hatton <davidth@melbpc.org.au>
Sent by: computerbank-admin@lists.linux.org.au