Linux Australia Server. (fwd)

This is the second (and latest) message saying what went wrong.

----- Forwarded message from Gary Allpike -----

Date: 	Sat, 2 Sep 2000 07:27:09 +0800 (WST)
From: Gary Allpike <spice@spice.net.au>
To: linux-aus@lists.linux.org.au
Subject: Linux Australia Server.

For those of you wondering where your sites etc have gone.

The server suffered a total disk failure of a brand new 9 gig drive.  This
had the / and /home paritions on it. The drive was less than 24 hours old.

There was no warning of failure, I rebooted the machine and the new drive
completely failed to power up.  This gives me some hope that the problem
is electrical, and not physical.

I am running around furiously trying to find an identical drive, so I can
try changing the logic board and see if I can get our drive going again.

I will keep the list informed.

regards

Gary Allpike
spice@spice.net.au