Re: S11 protest I will be there will you?

At 08:38 10/09/00 +1100, Grant Diffey wrote:
>after the
>protests (I am not hardcore enough to camp out :) )

It is hardly appropriate to post this here but I judge the latent
opposition to Mr Grates and the support for linux-type thinking means there
are enough on here for it to be OK? Particularly seeing IT'S ON! tomorrow?

Background for those wanting some:

From a VLGA mailing list...

...here's a serious look at some of the issues behind the s11 protest:

What do Australian Historians and Intellectuals have to say about
globalisation:
http://www.globalhistory.cjb.net/

Global Economy, Economic Literacy
http://www.globalexchange.org/economy/econ101/
Corporate Watch's Globalization and Corporate Rule index
http://www.corpwatch.org/trac/globalization/

The Global Rulemakers
http://www.globalexchange.org/economy/rulemakers/

MAKING THE TRADE SYSTEM FAIRER, The Australia Institute information paper
http://www.tai.org.au/publications/freetrade.shtml
WTO to spark a race to the bottom
http://www.tai.org.au/media/PRfairtrade.shtml

"WTO - Shrink or Sink!" The Turn Around Agenda
http://www.tradewatch.org/gattwto/ShrinkSink/shrinksink.htm

Fair trade links:
FREE TRADE OR FAIR TRADE? Discussion Paper on the WTO
http://www.dawn.org.fj/wtopaperintro.html
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jenks/fair.html
http://media.socialchange.net.au/pluto/news_juggernaut.html
Fair Trade: Economic Justice in the Marketplace
http://www.globalexchange.org/stores/fairtrade.html

Global Economics and the Role of Civil Society, ACFOA's submission
http://www.caa.org.au/campaigns/aid_budget/ACFOA_submission/2.html
also see Campaigns and Policy, at:
http://www.caa.org.au/campaigns/index.html
and:  BEYOND RHETORIC  THE GLOBAL JUSTICE CHALLENGE
http://www.caa.org.au/campaigns/submissions/br.html
http://www.caa.org.au/campaigns/submissions/debt.html

Melbourne 2000 Community Declaration for Global Justice
http://www.actu.asn.au/campaigns/WEF/wefsunday.htm
ACTU report
http://www.actu.asn.au/campaigns/WEF/abrreport.htm

Vic WTO Watch RESOURCE PAGE :
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~gcforum/VicWTOWatch.htm
friends of the earth melbourne
http://www.foe.org.au/s11/index.htm

Dr Vandana Shiva - BBC Reith lecture series 2000
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/events/reith_2000/lecture5.stm
Globalization  - an alternative view You don't have to see the world
through the eyes of the market,
says David Ransom.  http://www.oneworld.org/ni/index4.html
Global economy and Corporate Accountability
http://www.globalexchange.org/economy/
Make Your City a Fair Trade Zone http://www.globalexchange.org/ftzone/

The dictatorship of debt
http://www.oneworld.org/ni/index4.html

Media coverage & focus:
UN: Globalization Tops Agenda for World Leaders at Millennium Summit
http://www.corpwatch.org/trac/headlines/2000/307.html
ABC coverage:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/wef/default.htm
The Age: