Names

David T wrote:
> Maybe we should consider changing the name completely
> to something quite different.
> Would the WA mob let Computer Angels nationally?  Or
> something.

& Bill Mac:
>     Reading CU reply seems to indicate that first  we should change our name to
>     Computerbank Australia Inc.
>     I understand we have generally agreed that we wish to operate at some time
>     throughout Australia.

& Andrew:
>The queensland branch are tying to register "Computerbank
>Queensland" as a name, perhaps the other states could try the same and
>we could try Computerbank Australia as well.

I *like* Computerbank: it's ours in Vic, unless or until we disband.
That's nothing to the point, of course!

We could change it from CBV to CBA; this would take a special General
Meeting and a resolution, and would take about a month and a half to
implement, along with fees &c to Corporate Affairs, and however long
they would take to implement the change formally.

For that to work nationally, we might then need to make all the State
offices who wanted to use the Computerbank Australia name become
branches of the Vic Association, with all that implies of taking on and
being faithful to the CBV statement of purposes and constitution &c.

We need heaps of input before deciding whether this is a good way to
go; let's hear the views of all, eh?

8-)

Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia
trish@thefrasers.org