Re: Computerbank Queensland and the [Computerbank] main list

Hi Bruce,

I am on the Computerbank list.

I think there is about 30+ people on our mailing list. We have a core
management group of about 3 people. There is maybe another 8 people who have
regularly been turning up to stuff.

We have not shipped any PCs yet but are getting closer. We did have our
first working bee day 1 week ago. Probably didn't achieve much but was a
valuable first step and we learn't what we didn't know and what we needed to
brush up on. We are planning to have another this coming weekend.

At the moment we are operating from under someones house. We have applied to
use an old community centre and are still waiting to hear back about that.
We have also started talks with Career Employment Australia, a group that
runs work for the dole schemes etc. We will be putting a proposal to them
with the goal of being able to share storage and work space in their
facilities. In return we will either share some of our PCs with them or our
members will perform volunteer work on their projects or something.

Apart from premises the other thing holding us back is legal structure. The
sooner the constitutional changes go through to set up the branch structure
the better.

Tony Joblin,
President, Computerbank Queensland
Tel: 07 3371 1311 (working hours), Email: cbq-exec@dstc.edu.au