Re: [Computerbank] Salon.com Technology | Building the underground computer railroad

There's something similar happening in Australia called the East Timor
Community Computer Project http://www.etccp.org.au.

They take containerloads of PC's over to East Timor, and have a few members
over there building and teaching.

I'm sure they would love to hear from CAI,  I myself would like to see some
mutual aid in this direction, only 600km (from memory) from Darwin , it's a
great cause, and from past emails with Margret, they also have planned
bringing a student over here to learn how to fix laptops etc, he's keen and
has translated computer texts into the native trading tongue of East Timor.
Maybe something in regards training etc??

Maybe something could be arranged with regard to CAI and helping out this
group, rather than looking overseas to the USA? We have a lot in our general
area of the world where we can network for mutual aid... the folk involved
are some of the most friendly and accessible people I know.

I've CC'd Margret the Melbourne contact, for her interest, I hope that's ok ..

Dave Fregon

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:18, Romana Challans wrote:
> http://salon.com/tech/feature/2002/09/23/antiglobal_geeks/index.html
>
> I think we need someone to comment asap on this please - lets carpe
> publicity!!!
>
> Also, we shld be making contact with group featured - links etc on
> websites....
>
> Romana:)
> ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
> Romana Challans
> GPG Key fingerprint =
> F09E F80E 5DCA 9476 7753  9423 2CC7 81E8 4F07 1AD2
>
> State Convenor
> Computerbank Australia Incorporated, SA Branch
> http://sa.computerbank.org.au/
>
> 'Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.'
> (Seneca)

- --
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so
ingenious.