Re: Machine Gun

On Friday 09 April 2004 01:22 am, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> I'd like to push this back until after 0.4.2 is out (you know,
> finish one thing before starting the next). In general, though,
> I think that 400K for a single effect is too much (and in this
> case it's probably too long, too, although we'd have to put it
> in to be sure).

:)  No problem.  I was playing.  :)  (Wanted to see what some of these ladspa
effects did, and figured making a machine gun would be fun)  Yeah, 400K is
too big and there's plenty of room to work with.  It could be reduced to a
mono track (it's stereo now), drop it back to 8 bits rather than 16, resample
down to 23k or whatever.  And it's too long.  I figured it'd be easier to
shorten it than to lengthen it.  ;)  No reason it can't drop down to a pretty
small size, and that's assuming it doesn't get vorbisized anyway (not much
point for such a small sample, really).

For what it's worth, I started with a bass drum on this.  I tried using a
cymbal crash to make an explosion and it didn't work out so well.  ;)  I'm
thinking the bass drum-based noise is probably good for artillery, now that
I've used it, but a snare-based noise is probably preferred for infantry
and/or tanks.  But yeah, after 0.4.2.  ;)

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em