Re: Basic strategies for winning almost every map

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 01:13:51PM +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:31:45 -0600 (CST)
> Jonathan Koren <jkoren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Nah, let's try to keep the rules simple.
> >
> > Keeping the rules simple is good, but I've always thought way too many
> > games simply don't deal with logistics in any sense at all.  I think the
> > only game I played recently that had any concept of logistics was Earth
> > 2150, and all that had was ammunition.  I would like to play a game that
> > made me deal with ammunition, fuel, repair/medical, terrain, weather, all
> > that stuff.  Crimson Fields will never be that game, and that's okay, but
> > sometimes my inner geek yearns.
>
> As some you already know I like to see some more strategic value in
> Crimson Fields too, but on the other hand we can't change too much at
> once and quick shots are rarely good.

Well, what I'd like... No, not for crimson, it won't fit well here, but
for some other project maybe. Have you ever played M.A.X. (not M.A.X.2)?
It was strategy with ammo, different scan and weapon ranges, resource
transportation, racial traits, base building and some technology
improvements. And a strange system - it was turn-based, but all players
made their movements simultaneously during turn, and waited for everyone
(with some timeout possibly) when they've finished. It was fun, and I'd
like to see something like this again.

> I hope many experienced people will detect and remove all design flaws
> before they become machine code :-)

or even source code ;)
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl