Re: Shop UI (was: system logic fault (moving units into a building))

On 03.04.2005 15:36, Torinthiel wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 08:36:36AM +0000, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > On 02.04.2005 20:01, Torinthiel wrote:
> > I'm not sure I understand. Putting in a revision tag is no problem, of
> > course. Each tmpl would then have a comment 'needs to be synched with
> > en revision xxx' at the top? If so, sure, we can do that.
>
> More like "This has the same messages like en revision xxx, only
> translated".

Ah, ok, that makes a little more sense. I'll put the revision into the
English file.

> > > And are the comments for translations intentionally omited? Also could
> > > save some work.
> >
> > What comments are you talking about?
>
> ==> en.tmpl <==
> [messages]
> _OK
> # MSG_B_CANCEL
> _Cancel
> # MSG_B_YES
> _Yes
>
> ==> pl.tmpl <==
> [messages]
> _OK
> #
> _Anuluj
> #
> _Tak
>
> I mean the descriptions after #, indicating what the following message
> should mean.

No, the only reason they are not there in the Polish file is you didn't
put them there ;-)

> > > Maybe add a green light to them, same way as red is added when transport
> > > is full? And I'd appreciate if unit selection would be before movement
> > > and/or cancel button.
> >
> > I just _knew_ someone was going to say that ;-).
> >
> > I thought about it long and hard, couldn't decide, and chose the way
> > that was esier to implement. There are reasons for doing it before and
> > after the move. Logically, the loading process should be before the move.
> > However, after you have selected the transport it's still possible to
> > abort movement, or you may realize you can't actually move the transport
> > where you wanted to go and you lose the loading changes again.
> >
> > What do you need the cancel button for?
>
> So that I can change my mind even after selecting movement, but before
> selecting units. I.e. a way to escape from loading window without making
> decisions. But I can do almost that by undoing move, so I don't insist.

If we're going to have the dialog before movement I absolutely agree we
need it. The way it's now I'm undecided. I'll let you guys decide...

Jens