Re: A new Uprising

On 18.08.2004 03:36, Dave Fancella wrote:
On Tuesday 17 August 2004 12:29 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 15.08.2004 12:56, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> The main difference between the new briefings and the old ones
> and the story outline Dave wrote is that in my new version the Empire
> has lost much of its power and is kind of struggling itself.
[...]

> So, that's my take, let me know which one you like more.

I like this one more. ;) It essentially makes Kand Yet Another Faction on Nexus, but a foreign-based one. How about we do some weird event in outer space cause the Kands located on Nexus to be separated from the Empire, so they're stuck using local supplies? For the early parts of the story (where the game picks it up, anyway), Kand has their own stockpiles, making them the msot powerful faction, although not necessarily dominating. Later on in the story, their stockpiles are dwindling and they need to secure resources on the planet. That makes at least one existing map a little more important, the one where they have to capture the empty depots.
How about we have Kandelian forces fully operational at the beginning of
the campaign and isolate them from home in the course of events, mainly
through the story but possibly aided by FNA raids on landing platforms
(space ports?) and similar installations?

Jens