Re: French translation

On 24.08.2004 14:02, BenjiPower@aol.com wrote:
I've been pretty busy lately with work but I have been able to translate the units file and the messages for Crimson Fields (it was very well documented and explained, thanks!) into French. However, I'm in the middle of changing computers and the one I did the work on uses Windows XP and does not have any programming tools to build them so they are untested. I hence really don't know if it will work (since maybe some shortcuts may be used twice in the same menu).
Thanks a lot. I have checked the shortcuts and they look fine. What you
didn't get quite right, however, was the encoding. Your strings still had
a Latin1 encoding instead of UTF-8 and thus wouldn't have been displayed
correctly. Wasn't a huge amount of work to fix, fortunately. ;-)
Also, and this is especially important when you start translating the
maps, please send your edits as patches. Otherwise you will simply overwrite
any changes other people may have made to the modified files in the meantime.
And finally, if you don't mind to tell me your name I can add it to the
credits...

I would have added the translation to CVS already if seul.org hadn't
decided to take some downtime again (always shortly before a release. Is
this a conspiration or something?). I guess it means that this mail
will also be delayed.

As for the maps and brefiengs, I will be able to tackle those during the two first weeks of September (which I really look forward to, hopefully even the beginning of a campaign?).
We'll see. I hope so, too.

BTW, it would be nice if you could disable HTML when posting to the list.
Thanks.

Jens