Re: Crimson Fields 0.4.4.released

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 04:31:06PM +0000, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> I've had no such problems so far. Anyone else seeing this?
>
> If translations and maps don't show up correctly my first guess
> is that you don't have a cleanly installed copy. Due to the
> changes in the data files it might cause some instability if
> you still have older data files lying around. If a map isn't
> listed it usually means the map version differs from the one
> expected by the binary. Do you get any output on stderr when
> starting?

kraken:/home/torinthiel/rpm/RPMS# ls /usr/share/crimson /usr/bin/crimson
ls: /usr/share/crimson: No such file or directory
ls: /usr/bin/crimson: No such file or directory
kraken:/home/torinthiel/rpm/RPMS# rpm -i crimson-0.4.4-1.i686.rpm
kraken:/home/torinthiel/rpm/RPMS#

So the install is clean and nothing was before.

About output:
kraken:~> crimson
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

That was because same thing happened again (played Uprising vs computer,
segfault just after first of their tanks was destroyed.

Neither can I load infantry in an APC.

And still some maps and languages are missing, despite that they are
there.
Format should be ok, cvs update showed me nothing. Nevertheless, I'll do
a clean checkout and rebuild the package.
And if that doesn't help I'll play a bit with strace and gdb.

BTW Somebody sometimes mentioned about a few missions that would form a
tutorial campaign. Is it going to happen? I could really use it a bit ;)
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl