Re: Crimson Fields 0.4.4.released

[re: tutorial campaign]

On 30.08.2004 20:03, Patrick Forhan wrote:
I'd love to work on this, if I can ever figure out Comet...  The maps would be
simple, and small, so I could work on them here and there.

Hey, here's another idea:  Someone should put together a map that is a tutorial
for using Comet!  The initial message would explain some basic set-up things,
taking over a base or encountering enemies would pop up another message, and so
on.  Then, a person could pull up the map in Comet to see how it is done.
Now, if I knew what I had to deliver I might actually do that. What part of
CoMET is the problem? And why can't you solve that problem by looking at the
other maps included with CF?

Don't get me wrong: If there is anything a "tutorial map" can help with, I'll
try to make one. I'd also be willing to expand the mapping tutorial I started
that's now in the wiki. However, I don't think the map you propose would be
less complex than some of the distributed ones (e.g. Uprising), and as I
created CoMET I probably simply don't see some of the issues "outsiders" may
run into.

Jens