Re: A little hints playing this game.

On Fri 2003-12-12 03:52, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 2003.12.09 21:25, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 06:31:48PM +0800, brain wrote:
> > > Tatic hints:
> > > Use your artillery well, it is the most valuable unit in this game,
> > > they should not be sacrificed.
> >
> > I think that depends on the map. Artillery can be critical in GreatBattle,
> > where you can create a bottleneck (that is, keep the front very small)
> > and wipe out units as they wait in line. But when there are a bunch
> > of bombers in play, and the map is more spread out, artillery becomes
> > less valuable. (I'm slowly learning that lesson as I try to figure out
> > what Jens was thinking in Revelation. :)
>
> Who said I was thinking? ;-)
> Besides, Revelation is mostly Bain's baby, so me thinking wouldn't
> have helped much, anyway.

I was not thinking neither. XD

The map is done by me but the story is by Jens, that map is big compared
to the units inside,that is because I wanted to have the player more
option to choose directions to attack from, but not be forced to
response to the incoming enemy`s tanks immediately. But what I have to
admit is that the laying was not well reconsiderated, and it is much
less great compared to a newly hot completed map which is still not well
tested, which is better regarded.

And yes, the value of the artillery changes from map to map.

> > And the most important tactic hint (for me at least): read the 'wedging'
> > and 'blocking' sections of the man page.
>
> That's absolutely true. Without this, you're not going anywhere.

I have got a question, what if a letter has a file appended to and sent
to the user-list, would it cause any problem such if the program is not
designed to be used this way?

Brain at Taipei.

 PChome¥æ¤Í~~©¯ºÖ¤Ñ¤Ñ¦³ \*^o^*//
 http://love.pchome.com.tw/