Re: Clipped Wings

On 03.12.2006 07:15, Nikola Smolenski wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 13:16, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > Hm, Dave thinks it's too hard, you think it's too easy, maybe that means
> > it's just right? ;-)
>
> Well, I stand by what I wrote, as I just managed to win the level even without
> capturing the factory. Tight operational space in front of my base gave me
> some problems, but by the time computer hauled units from the factory to it,
> my elite troops could smash just about anything.

Ok, so maybe we can make the P1 handicap so that it becomes pretty much
impossible to get the factory. I'd like to not remove the factory, though,
because this is actually the first map in the campaign with a factory, and
I'd like to keep it this way.

> Don't misunderstand me though: when I say it's too easy, I think it's too easy
> this far in the campaign. Earlier, it would be an OK level.

Hm, we're only on map 3. My goal still is a campaign of 12-15 maps (although,
if we continue to create new maps as quickly as during the last year, it
will take us a good while to get there...), so 3 is still pretty early.

I have attached a slightly modified map, which basically gives the EoK a
little more space so the AI gets a few more attack vectors which should
make it a little harder for the defense. Do you think it's better this
way?

> It would be a nice feature if it would be possible to capture replay of the
> level, the way Wesnoth does. I'd like to keep copies of my strategic
> genius ;) and I could for example attach the replay now to discuss the level.
> It could be done by saving the game at the end of each move, and for playing
> it, loading successive saves.

Indeed, that would be a nice feature. I'll see whether I can work on
something for 0.5.1.

Jens