Re: Unicode keystrokes

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 19:10, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > Well, no, Chinese is only typical example. Devanagari already uses 3
> > bytes, and so do various East Asian scripts, Chinese, Japanese, Korean...
> > I haven't seen much translations into languages which use these scripts
> > so I believe it's not a priority.
>
> Maybe you haven't seen many translations for those languages
> because apps don't properly support them? But yes, you're
> right that they are not a 'priority' at this time, but if we
> could add support for cheap that'd be a nice bonus.

Well, even now they can be displayed, if their characters are in the font; but
the translation can't have highlighted keys because of this and because they
are not in asciiequivalent (I renamed it to lowercase because other functions
in StringUtil are named so) anyway. I do wolunteer to expand both functions
if someone needs it :)