Re: Nikola's map

On Friday 15 December 2006 05:56, Dave Fancella wrote:
> On Thursday 14 December 2006 6:30 am, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > map (number 5), should be about. Now, trying to keep the
> > Empire from constructing a channel sounds like it would
> > generate nice long-term benefits, but the FNA should rather
> > be looking for short-term advantages here (like attacking
> > comm stations or taking down airfields like they did in
> > "Clipped Wings" or raiding supply lines or something).
> > Maybe somebody has other good ideas?
>
> Well, I didn't read the briefing, I must admit.  It sounds kind of like the

This is the briefing now:

The empire is constructing a channel which will connect Lake Yukarwa with Lake
Lulu. If finished, it would enable quick transport of troops between the
lakes, endangering our operations.

You are chosen to lead a small force which will take control of the area and
stop construction of the channel.

However, it appears that enemy forces are somewhat stronger than we
expected... Good luck!

> channel is intended to let the Empire ferry troops into the province?  If
> that's the case, cutting off imperial supply lines is one of the missions
> of this force.  :)  But yeah, they're expecting to take the province, so
> long-term construction projects aren't mission objectives, and might be
> considered targets *not* to hit (because the FNA might well want to finish
> the long-term construction projects because then it will benefit them).
> And if there's no other strategic gain for the campaign, there's no reason
> to bother with it, may as well let the Empire keep working on it so the FNA
> will have that much less work to do to finish it after it's theirs.

Well, how do you destroy a channel? ;) The Empire is (ab)using local workforce
anyway, so if FNA wants to finish the channel, it can do so, and it's near
completion anyway.

(Almost) final map is attached. I introduced handicaps, and the only thing I
don't have is map name.